We are now 19 weeks 5days just a few days from being half way done!! Some days it seems like it is going fast and other days it seems like it going slow....
I am being seen at Intermountain Internal Fetal Medicine by Dr Branch. My Regular OB Dr. L. Smith sent me to him after Jocelyn was born for a consultation of a future pregnancy. He has been seeing me weekly since learning we were excepting baby#5. Through our visits he does little mini ultra sounds to check heart beat and see how things look at quick glance. Because we do not have answers as to why big sister Jocelyn died, but only have some speculation that it may have been linked to the placenta, but there is no way to know for sure. That being said he put me on low dose heparin shots since there is some research that shows being on low blood thinner can help the health of the placenta and growth of baby. There is no risk to baby so I thought why not. I am willing to do anything to get this little one here. No, I can not give the shot to myself I have tried, but John has been doing very well at giving them to me. One downer to the shots is they do leave some ugly bruises and at times are painful and sensitive. But it is all worth it!!!
Yes I am getting to the big question..... This past week we went in for the Big formal ultra sound and wow is all I have to say. I have never felt so much anxiety for and during an ultra sound. Not because of what the sex of the baby might be, but to know that everything is ok. That baby looks healthy, growing on target for due date, and all other things. At this point baby is looking very well. They do want me to come back for a follow up since this little one was way to wiggly for them to get everything they wanted to see. In fact baby did two flips while looking at baby's brain and heart. I just giggled thinking oh great this one will be like Joseph. But being there and seeing everything they look at really lets you know how much of a miracle life really is and all that goes into making a little person. Simply beautiful.
Now for what you all want to know!!! The boys and Jocelyn will be getting a little Sister. Yes we are having another girl!! Crazy since I was for sure thinking it was a boy. But all is well. We have picked a name for her, although John and I have not settled on the final spelling of it. But her name will be Jaylee or possible spelled Jaylie which is what I am leaning toward. As for a middle name we will save that for after she is born.
And there she is you can see her face in this one. Something Jocelyn never let you do. Over all looking forward to meeting her in another 19 weeks or so. I know that they plan to deliver me a little early which I am looking forward to help with the nerves.
Thanks again for everyone's continued support and prayers that all goes well and will continue to go well. Now that I am almost half way you will see more regular updates on baby along with more pictures. It has been something that has been difficult to open and share. But the secret is out.....


3 comments:
Congratulations!!! :) Jaylie is a beautiful name. I pray for you and little Jaylie everyday. <3
Yeah I am so happy for you!
I am so excited for you!! I love girls :)
Post a Comment