We continue to honor her memory each year with a service project for bereaved families experiencing the loss of a baby. Last year my friend Amy headed up a tree for the festival trees that raises money for Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City during the Christmas season. In January for her 1st birthday we and others family and friends donated to Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep in Jocelyn's name. We are grateful to all who were able to help in these projects.
This Year we are going to make mold boxes that hold the most precious molds of little feet and hands. We were given a box for which to hold Jocelyn's little feet and hands. It has meant so much to us to have this little memento of her. We hope that the boxes we make will be of comfort to other families the way our little box has been to us.
To make this happen and give you more details on how you can help:
On Monday January 16th, Jocelyn's Birthday I will have two open house times. 1pm to 4pm and again at 6pm to 10pm at my home ( please email or call for address and directions).
I do ask that when you come to please bring one box or two if you wish. The boxes can be found at any Hobby Lobby or any craft store. They do come all sizes and shapes. As you all know babies are born at different times and sizes. So all sizes are welcome. If you are not able to come but want to help donations are welcome. $6 will get one large and one small box. You can also donate other supplies like scrapbook paper and white craft paint to paint the boxes and any other craft items that can be used to decorate the boxes. Below are some pictures of boxes to give you an idea of what I am needing and looking for. If you any questions please e-mail me at Hfiles28@comcast.net. The goal is to have 50 boxes so that I may keep 25 for Share parents of UT the support group that has helped us so much and I now volunteer for. We do the molds at the hospitals that do not or unable to do their own molds. The other 25 will be donated to the hospitals that do their own molds.
I want to Thank You for all your love and support in this project and may you feel the blessings of serving others.
These are the boxes I am looking for. This picture was taken at Hobby lobby
![]() |
| These are just few boxes that were completed by other angel mommies and donated to Share. As you see there are several shapes that work well. |
![]() |
| This is Jocelyn's box cradling her feet and hand molds. |




No comments:
Post a Comment