Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Heidi's Madness

As most of you know I have become addicted to the the Twilight book series by
Stephenie Meyer. Through my strange madness I found a group of women on line, Twilightmoms.com, where are able to talk about the books, up coming movie, and anything else that comes to mind. Well This past month Stephenie Meyer released her newest novel in titled
The Host ( which has nothing to do with the Twilight series) and with that her book tour.
So all of Twilightmoms in the Salt Lake area bought tickets and went to her book signing. Since this is something I have never done, I was feeling like a young teenage girl again. I had a great time and got to meet several of the Twilightmoms in person. Meeting these women was such a treat on top of meeting Stephenie Meyer.


(Stephenie Meyer signing a TM's book and then answering questions)

At the signing Stephenie talked about her book The Host, personalized our copies, and autographed two of the Twilight novels. After spending most of the day there I met up with other Twilightmoms at the local park where we had a BBQ to celebrate and mingle.



My sister Heather speaking with Stephenie. Then Heather and I sister bonding.


Pictures of us at the signing while waiting for Stephenie. Wow!! Look at the middle picture of all those Twilightmoms. We had the most fun!!!

Yay!! After all that I was starving!! Here we are at the BBQ enjoying the grub!!!
At the BBQ I got to hang with Lisa the site creator of Twilightmoms.com. She is so awesome!!!

This is me and one my new best friends Amie. We met through Twilightmoms and have speaking on line, and phone for the past several months never meeting since she lives Idaho. Where her husband is going to school at BYU Idaho. She is a really sincere person and probably a bigger Twilight nut then me. She knows every quote from all the Q&A's that Stephenie Meyer has done. She has two sweet little girls and I am glad that we finally got to meet.

5 comments:

Francine said...

Heidi, I'm so glad you started a blog. I haven't read any of the Twilight series, but it must be good because it's made all you Twilight Mom's totally crazy! I'm glad you had a good time.

I'll add you to my blog on our list of "blogs we like."

Chels said...

Hey there. I like your blog. I didn't get a picture of the huge group at the signing. I love it! I can't believe everyone that came. It was so fun! The next get together is going to be fun too. I love hanging with all y'all!! :D

Rusti said...

I heard that you made Stephanie Meyer laugh. I wanna hear about that. :)

PS- Welcome to blogland! :)

Amie and Karl said...

I had so much fun this weekend I was also really glad we finally got to meet

ConleysRAprayingfamily said...

Hello Heidi............I just wanted to say hi. I know you are on your trip. I hope you guys are having fun. Type me when you get back.

Renee