Monday, August 24, 2015

Milestones Of Broken Dreams


Today! I should have shared what was to be your big day! The 1st day of Kindergarten with a new hair bow, matching outfit and a backpack big as you are. Saying good bye with that bitter sweet tear of how big you have gotten, knowing how much fun you are going to have in Kindergarten........

I may not have gotten to do these things with you but I did get that tear in my eye as I saw all the cute pictures of your would be classmates posted on Facebook and took joy in seeing their excitement of their next big moment in life.

It is crazy how much time has gone by and at the same time it is as though it was yesterday. This year has been much harder then I thought knowing today was coming and the great things that come from being 5 years old.  Today stung very deep to the point my heart actually hurt, knowing that I was not taking you to your first day of school. Making this the hardest milestone thus far in this life long journey of grief and growth. I know you are here with me through every moment watching over us.

So while today is another notch in hard milestones with more to come. I will day dream of you in a much different class room learning personally from the greatest teacher ever. I imagine you with other little children gone too soon, crowed around listening to our savior Jesus Christ.
Always in our hearts and never forgotten, till we meet again butterfly princess.

1 comment:

Lizz said...

Oh, Heidi. My heart still breaks for you. You are such an amazing woman and express your emotions so beautifully. I am so grateful for your friendship.