Monday, May 5, 2014

Our 4th Annual Service Project: Updated...

Back in January we had our annual Jocelyn service project. Where we collected fabric for a an amazing organization Teeny Tears. They make and create little diapers for preemie and micro preemie babies and their bereaved families. I have had the honor through my volunteer service with Share parents of Utah to help place these sweet diapers on these precious angels. There are no words to express how the parents of these angels feel when they see their baby dressed and treated with love and care in a time of great sorrow.

Through out the month of January we received lots of amazing donations of flannel for Teeny Tears. Even the women of our previous church ward ,Mill Canyon ward, put together a diaper making event where we were able to cut, start and complete diapers. In there were over 300 diapers in various stages from start to finish. I am sooo grateful for those women. It was wonderful evening of seeing old friends who have always been an amazing support to my family. Thank you!!!!

 My mother was able to come and help cut out diapers with us.






These two amazing ladies are the creators behind Teeny Tears and devote many hours of love into getting these diapers to hospitals across the country and out of the country. I am honored to know them and help.


I also received an amazing donation in Jocelyn's name from Angel Outfitters another group or sister group to Teeny Tears that make and supply buntings, hats, headbands to help dress theses sweet angels. This amazing donation will be used by local hospitals here in Utah, for Share parents of Utah.




I also had received amazing little outfit knitted by my childhood best friend Amber to be donated. As well as these cute little hats knitted by a co-worker of my mother.
I am overly grateful for all those who helped in making this years service project a success. It warms my heart to know that families who will sadly experience a loss of a child will be cared for with these items for their sweet precious angel babies. Thank You again!!
Truly a beautiful site of all the those fabrics and diapers.