In November there was a challenge to post a status update everyday through Thanksgiving to share what it is that you are thankful or grateful for. I wanted to participate last year but could not get myself there even though there were many things I was grateful for despite that I was still processing a lot emotionally. So this year I was going to follow through on this with this challenge. At 1st it seem simple and there were days that I struggled with it, but it was my out look that changed and carried with me through the whole month and being able to set aside anger, disappointments and other struggles we have and were facing. To stop and see that there are so many wonderful things going on in and around our lives. So Thank You Facebook family and friends for sharing your thankfulness and allowing me to share mine.And as a recap for those that do not follow Facebook here is my November thoughts of gratitude:
Day 1. I am thankful for my small part time Job that has helped in a time of need for both myself and my family
Day 2. I am thankful for the wonderful people I work with you except me for me and know how to make me laugh.
Day 3. I am so thankful and grateful for my fabulous hubby John Files who does more then his share, loves more everyday, and is truly the best father.
Day 4- I am thankful for my 1st born Jarren who introduced me to motherhood and all its joys and his sweet spirit to care for his younger brothers and his sister in heaven.
Day 5- Yesterday I spoke of my oldest...so today I am thankful for my 2nd child Jacob, who tests my patients with his picky eating, loves to stay home, and his sincere testimony that Christ will come again so his sister can be alive again. Thanks for being my little rock of a reminder.
Day 6- I have been sharing my thankfulness of my children the last few days so....Today I am thankful for my youngest son Joseph who always speaks his mind & is always keeping me on my toes with his cute wit & the cute things he whispers in my ear to get me out of bed in the morning.
Day 7- Today I am thankful for the beautiful 9 months I had carrying my daughter Jocelyn and the 24 hours I got to hold her after her birth. Although I ache to not have her in my arms today I am blessed and grateful for the brief moments I did have and love that was felt between us during that time.
Day 8- Today I am thankful for the best family and friends!! You are an amazing support, except me the way I am, and I am honored to have you in my life. ♥
Day 9- Today I am thankful for my parents who have taught me to have faith in our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ to see us through our darkest moments. For always being there growing up and giving us memories that can fill our hearts.
Day 10- Today I am thankful for my brother Sean and my sister Heather for the special bond we have and closeness that we share. Even though Sean and I do not get see Heather as much as we would like.
Day 11- Today I am thankful for this country we live in. for the freedoms we have to chose for ourselves and the men & women who work hard to protect those freedoms. Thinking of those service men & women on this veterans day 11-11-11.
Day 12- Today I am thankful for Dr. Pepper & Fancy Chocolate they make everything better even if just for a moment.
Day 13- Today I am thankful for being a volunteer with Share Parents of Utah and having the honor to hold an angel and make feet and hand molds today. And to be in company of some of the most amazing women I have ever met.
Day 14- Today I am thankful that we are in year round school. I love having short little breaks through out the year to have my kids home with me and to spend extra time with them. Followed by the quite after they go back to school. But I must say I miss them today even though they have just been home for the past 3 and half weeks.
Day 15- Today I am grateful for Books that teach us about our savior Jesus Christ and his plan for us, books that teach of the past and where we came from, books that teach us how to learn and do things, books of true stories that inspire us, and books that take us to far away places or times where we can become or do the unthinkable.
Day 16- Today I am thankful for the organization Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and my photographer Jennifer Hollingshead Holt without them I would not have my precious pictures of my daughter. They have meant so much to my family and continue to bring joy knowing that she is forever part of our family.
Day 17- I know I have already talked about books, but today I am thankful for a particular book series that turned me into a crazy person resulting into a member of fan sight of other TwilightMOMS which then led to some fabulous and amazing women where some have become more then friends they are my sisters who are always there for me and I them. Thank You for blessing my life Jori Nichol Thomas, Amy Stevens Reed, Amie Galloway Patton, Chelsea Bingham McGee, Stephanie Knowles Urry, Amy Norris Henstra. Michelle Radford Bernales and Mandy Kongaika...there are so many of you I love and it is all because of stupid vampire that sparkles crying out loud. ;)
Day 18- Yes I have spoken of my sweet hubby, but today I am so thankful for my hubby John he really does put up with a lot. He supports me in all I do even when I think he does not. He had a bed set up & ready last night after the movie for my friend from Nv & took care of the kids today for me.
Day 19- I am thankful for (I know cheesy) Netflix streaming to be able to stay in my jammies all day on a cold snowy day watching shows with my dear friend Michelle.
Day 20- Today I am thankful to my friend Michelle Saylo Coltrin for coming all the way from Nevada to hang with me for Breaking Dawn and allowing me to get her addicted to Vampire Dairies. Yes we made it a Vampire weekend. Love you Michelle.
Day 21-Today I am thankful for hot water to shower in when it is cold out & to make yummmy hot coco to keep me warm on the in side.
Day 22- Today I am thankful for my schedule that allows me to volunteer in Jarren & Jacob's class at school as well as Joseph's preschool class. I love to see them in their classroom setting and how their faces light up when I am there.
Day 23 & Day 24- I am truly thankful for all four of my children who have each blessed my life individually & have made me who I am today. They are my three Sunshine's & an angel♥ I am thankful for my family all them from parents to siblings to cousins to grandparents & aunt/uncles for "We may not have it together, but together we have it all" Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
I would love to challenge everyone to take a month and right down each day one thing that they are grateful or thankful for and see how your out look and positive thing change and truly help you to feel better. I am glad that I did and hope to do it again in a daily journal.
1 comment:
I got your card in the mail today. I love it! I put a butterfly on your envelope because I didn't want to leave anyone out. I finally updated our blog last night. I got your message that you left me several months ago. lol It's been busy, busy, busy here. Merry Christmas to you guys!
Post a Comment