I am jumping a head a little...I am in the middle of updating Birthdays, Share Walk, Halloween and few other things but wanted to share some information on the Festival of Trees that my friend Amy and I are doing.
Dear Family and Friends,
As we come upon to the end of the year and the holiday season, we are reminded of the things we are grateful for, those that we love here on earth and those in the heavens. As part of the season of giving and thanks, my friend Amy and I want to be able to give to others through the tradition of the Festival of Trees.
The Festival of Trees is a charity event held here in Utah to raise funds for Primary Children’s Hospital. Every year, families and friends come and decorate a Christmas tree centered on a theme. The theme may be in memory of someone or something or just in the spirit of Christmas. The trees are then put on display for all to come and enjoy, followed by the trees being auctioned off to raise money for Primary Children’s Hospital. Last year, the Festival of Trees rose close to 1.5 million. The money raised goes to research for childhood illnesses, families who need finical help in the care of a sick child, and to help even the tiniest of patients in the NICU.
Amy and I are doing a tree in honor of my daughter Jocelyn and in memory of all angel babies. In order for us to do our tree we have to supply the tree and the decorations. We are asking for any monetary donations you are able to give. To help us put our tree together for a very worthy cause. We understand that times are tough and appreciate any help you can give us for our tree. We don’t need much and every little bit will help. All money will go towards the purchase of the tree, ornaments and other decorations. If there is any left over funds, we will be donating those funds to Primary Children’s Hospital. We have set up a pay pal account for donations at Revamped913@gmail.com or you can mail donations to Amy or Heidi.
The tree we are doing is called Butterfly Angel and will be decorated on November 29th and will be on display at the South Towne Expo Center December 1st through the 4th. Along with our tree will be a card with Jocelyn’s story and a poem that Amy found. So the card and poem will read as follows:
Jocelyn Cristeen Files was born sleeping still on January 16th, 2010 the day before her due date. She touched and inspired so many lives in such a short time. We decorate this tree in honor of every angel baby who was born sleeping still, whom were carried but never met, or those that were held but were not able to take home and those that came home but did not stay.
"These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part."
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part."
Thank You for supporting us in this wonderful event to help others. If you have any questions or want to know more about the festival of trees please contact Amy or I.
Lots of Love
Amy and Heidi
E-mail me if you are planning on mailing donations to us. Again thank you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment